No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free Tour of the historical Kasbah and Medina of Tangier
Hello, my name is Achraf Benamar, I am a licensed tour guide in Morocco based in Tangier city. I am graduated from the Higher International Institute of Tourism in Tangier with a Master's degree in the tourism industry & hotels management. I can't wait to meet you and help you to discover my beautiful city Tangier!
Immerse yourself in Moroccan culture by discovering the new part of the city of Tangier, the Spanish section, the French section, the English section, the old medina of Tangier, and the Kasbah history from the perspective of a local community.
ITINERARY OF THE WALKING TOUR
- Port of Tangier city
- The big mosque of the port of Tangier city " Princess Lala Abla"
- The first wall of the kasbah
- Hotel Continental
- Museum of Continental Hotel
- New Marina Bay of Tangier city
- Old Spanish residential area
- Jewish cemetery
- Local market " Foundouk"
- James bond stairs
- French section
- French Consulate
- Famous French Cafe de Paris
- Big boulevard of Tangier " Louis Pasteur"
- Wall of the lazy people
- The biggest mosque in Tangier city " Mohammed 5"
- Biggest Church in Tangier " Cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption de Tanger"
- English section
- Saint Andrews Church
- Mendoubia garden
- Mendoubia Museum
- Grand socco
- Local vegetables and fruits market
- Petit socco
THE MEETING POINT : Next to the big mosque of Tangier city port.
- About the meeting point : If you are going to take a taxi from your hotel or your accommodation to the meeting point you can just mention: Gare maritime de la Ville de Tanger ( you will find it on Google map) next to it you will find the BIG MOSQUE painted in white and yellow colors, IT'S OUR MEETING POINT.
- The day before the tour : I will send you a message via the Guruwalk app and via your WhatsApp to help you find the meeting point of the tour, on whatsapp I try to send you the video and photo of the meeting point and eventually the location of the mosque on Google map.
- After receiving the message : make sure to reply to confirm your participation in the tour the next day.
- I am fully accredited by the Moroccan Ministry of Tourism as Official Tour Guide: number 2266.
- Gradua te from the higher international institute of Tourism in Tangier.
- Possessing a degree in “Operational Management of the Hotel and Catering Industry”
- Master’s degree in “Strategy and Management of Hotel Operations”.
What's the price?
A guruwalk is a pay-what-you want walking tour, which means, it's completely free to book and join the group, but the 'guru' expects to be rewarded once the tour ends. Some people give €10 per person, some people give US$ 50, you choose the price.
Please understand that this tour is organized by an official tour guide approved by the Moroccan Minister of Tourism.
This is my only job and I don't do it just for fun or as a side job, but with a lot of enthusiasm and love, I got my master's degree in tour guiding because, in Morocco, it is illegal to take a tour without going to university to get the official tour guide license.
In the city of Tangier, all official tour guides are members of the local association of licensed guides and they are required to respect the minimum fee per person which is 100 MDH = 10 euros for this type of tour.
Unlike other destinations in the country, the tours in Tangier are entirely focused on culture and history, and no shopping stops are included to get commissions, but I can help you to buy everything you want at the best price/quality and also help you on planning your vacation in Morocco and if you plan to visit other cities after visiting Tangier, I will give you all the tips and information about transportation in Morocco (Taxis, Bus, Train) and even other plans you can do during your stay in Tangier and the best restaurants in the city, so please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
- I can also organize the tour for you if you are interested in doing the tour at a different time than the one mentioned "11 am".
The culture, traditions, and charm of Tangier are here dear customers!
I can't wait to meet you and help you to discover my beautiful city Tangier!
Meeting point:Bd Mohammed VI, Tanger 90000, MoroccoBd Mohammed VI, Tanger 90000, Morocco
I will be waiting for you next to the big mosque of the port of Tangier city.
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).