No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free Tour of Berlin's Music History
Hello, I am a lover of music, a former student of literature, and a seven year resident of the amazing city that is Berlin. I'm discovering more and more about my adoptive home town and I love to share what I have learnt. I know the history and the people and I like to have a fun experience when seeing the city with others.
MUSIC HISTORY BERLIN: BOWIE, IGGY, U2, ENO and the history of Berlin's amazing musical legacy.
Please note you will need a valid travel ticket.
Visit THE FORMER HOME OF DAVID BOWIE & IGGY POP.
- The local bars the 70s and 80s icons hung out in, that inspired them and that in one guise or another still exist.
- The alternative district that lead musicians and non-conforming artists to find a spiritual home in the area.
- Independent record stores.
- Locations that inspired song lyrics
- The recording studio next to the Berlin Wall where Heroes and many more classic songs were recorded.
- The site of many famous concerts in front of Berlin’s most historic building.
OVERALL – Roughly an hour in transit by foot or public transport. The ideal size of the group is 5 to 12. Approximate overall time 1:45 hours - English Language.
Meeting point:Kleistpark, 10781 Berlin, GermanyKleistpark, 10781 Berlin, Germany
We shall meet next to the cocktail bar train carriage. It is easy to find and not crowded so we will spot each other without a problem!
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
Who is this tour for?
What should you know?
Others cities to visit after Berlin
Find similar guruwalks in Berlin