Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Night Freetour in Vigo: Pirates and Overseas Treasures
We are the first free walking tours company of Galicia and we will be very happy to show you A Coruña, Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra, Vigo, Ourense, Lugo, Sarria and Fisterra. All our guide are local official tour guides, enthusiastic and looking forward to show you are beutiful Galicia.
Treasures, pirates, sailors, corsairs, naval battles...
Vigo is a city with strong maritime roots and in this one and a half hour visit we will tell you about a lesser-known part of the city while we walk through the old town.
A fundamental bastion in the struggle for independence from the Napoleonic troops, Vigo has heroic stories in its defense and reconquest of the city , being one of the first places to escape the French occupation.
Speaking of wars and battles, we will learn about the history of the sailor Méndez Núñez , one of the great icons in the history of the Spanish Navy while we enjoy the essence of the Alameda de Vigo or discovering the old Universal Hotel , accommodation of famous personalities standing out among them. the famous spy Mata Hari.
Turkish pirates who arrived and besieged this city causing the economic suffocation of its inhabitants, or the famous English corsair Sir Francis Drake , occupy an important space in our history and we will discover how and why they got here.
And, in the final part, we could not stop talking about great expeditions beyond the seas, such as that of Magellan and Elcano, with the local Gonzalo de Vigo as one of his great collaborators, and of course, with the discovery of America by of Christopher Columbus, from whom we will discover some surprises.
Route: Porta do Sol, San Sebastián Castle, Santa María Collegiate Church, A Laxe, Alameda and Gamboa.
* Free payment for each attendee at the end of the visit.
* Punctuality is important. Reservations for visits will be held for 5 minutes after the start of the visit. Once this time has elapsed, the places will be released for the waiting list.
* In the case of not attending, it is requested and appreciated that the reservation be canceled or communicated so that the guide is not waiting and not make the rest of the attendees wait.
* Reservations of more than 6 people in the same group of friends/family are not allowed . In case of making separate reservations for a group larger than 6 people, the guide can refuse the attendees at the same meeting point.
* The client can request a receipt for their payment or claim forms.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Praza Porta do Sol, 36202 Vigo, Ponte...Praza Porta do Sol, 36202 Vigo, Pontevedra, Spain
Next to the Mermaid Statue. Look for the BLUE UMBRELLA.
1Outside visitPorta do Sol Square
2Outside visitSan Sebastian Castle
3Outside visitCo-Cathedral - Basilica of Santa María de Vigo
5Outside visitRua Gamboa
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).