Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Free Tour Historic Center of Pontevedra
We are the first free walking tours company of Galicia and we will be very happy to show you A Coruña, Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra, Vigo, Ourense, Lugo, Sarria and Fisterra. All our guide are local official tour guides, enthusiastic and looking forward to show you are beutiful Galicia.
In this essential free tour we will visit the historic center of Pontevedra . We will cross the pedestrian streets of the Old City while we explain the stories they hide.
The visit begins in the Praza da Ferrería , in the very heart of the city, where we will explain the evolution of Pontevedra through the centuries. We will begin with its beginnings as a strategic point to cross the river in Roman times, we will go through that busy 15th century in which the sailors from Pontevedra conquered the seas, and we will arrive at the present time, when Pontevedra is considered a model of urban development that has obtained various international awards.
Which Greek hero is the legendary founder of the city? How did Pontevedra become such a powerful city at the end of the Middle Ages? What are the best places to enjoy Galician food? What is behind the mysterious Pedro Madruga and why has he been so important to human history?
A different visit in the heart of the Rías Baixas and with many stories and curiosities to discover.
Route: Praza da Ferrería, Iglesia da Peregrina, Alameda, Santa María la Mayor, Praza Teucro, Praza da Leña, Mercado de Abastos.
* Free payment for each attendee at the end of the visit.
* Punctuality is important. Reservations for visits will be held for 5 minutes after the start of the visit. Once this time has elapsed, the places will be released for the waiting list.
* In the case of not attending, it is requested and appreciated that the reservation be canceled or communicated so that the guide is not waiting and does not make the rest of the attendees wait.
* Reservations of more than 6 people in the same group of friends/family are not allowed . In case of making separate reservations for a group larger than 6 people, the guide can reject the attendees at the same meeting point.
* The client can request receipt of his payment or claim forms.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Praza da Ferrería, 1, 36002 Pontevedr...Praza da Ferrería, 1, 36002 Pontevedra, Spain
In Praza da Ferrería, LOOK FOR THE BLUE UMBRELLA
1Outside visitPraza da Ferraria
2Outside visitPilgrim Virxe Church
3Outside visitAlameda de Pontevedra
4Outside visitRoyal Basilica of Santa María la Mayor
5Outside visitBurgo Bridge
6Outside visitPraza do Teucro
7Outside visitFirewood Square
8Outside visitChurch of Saint Bartholomew
9Outside visitFood Market
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).