Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Great free tour of Valencia of all time
Thanks for stopping to read me! My name is Amelia and in addition to being born on this land, I am an official Guide of the Valencian Community. Being a tourist guide is an exciting profession and that's why I decided to start as such after a long career in the business world. It is living a new adventure every time, meeting people from other places. Because? Because I love telling stories of a city that never ceases to amaze. Every time a public work raises a piece of soil, new archaeological finds emerge with more data from its rich past. It is a non-stop learning from them to be able to tell it on tours... and that makes me enjoy it even more. Let me guide you through charming corners and alleys of the historic center on a delicious journey through more than 2,000 years of history. Will you accompany me on this journey?
🍊 What will you find on this tour?
- Why did the Romans decide to found a colony on the banks of the Turia river in the 2nd century BC?
- How did the Romans supply the city of Valentia with water?
- Do you know what historical event made Valencia become a sacred place of Christian pilgrimage at the beginning of the Middle Ages?
- What makes the Valencia Cathedral, even though it is Gothic, different from others of the same style?
- Did you know that Valencia from the Middle Ages to the 17th century was the bloodiest and most violent city due to street brawls between noble gangs?
- Why, at the end of the 15th century, did you decide to build a building like the Lonja, today declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO?
And much more historical and real information about Valencia (old).
🍊 The tour:
The tour passes through the main streets of its historic center:
- From the Cathedral and surroundings (Plaza Junio Bruto, Plaza de la Almoina and Plaza de La Virgen) , we will go to the Palacio de Los Borja (seat of the Valencian Parliament), from there to the Torres de Serranos , from there entering the traditional Barrio del Carmen to visit some of the vestiges of the Arab Wall .
- We will go through the important street of Los Caballeros where we will talk about its history and the stately homes that still remain there today.
- Once there we will cross the market neighborhood along Calle Calatrava to reach the Plaza del Mercado with some of the most emblematic buildings of the city, such as La Lonja, the church of Los Santos Juanes and our beloved Central Market.
🍊 Come and join us
….. in this fluctuation of events, stories and emotions that, in addition to a pleasant and entertaining time, will help you get to know this city in a unique and authentic way!
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:La Almoina, Pl. de Dècim Juni Brut, s...La Almoina, Pl. de Dècim Juni Brut, s/n, 46003 València, Valencia, Spain
I will be next to the entrance door of the archaeological center of La Almoina.
1Outside visitPlaza de la Almoina
2Outside visitBasílica de la Mare de Déu dels Desamparats
3Outside visitPlaza de la Virgen
4Outside visitPalacio de Benicarló
5Outside visitTorres de Serranos
6Outside visitMuralla árabe de València
7Outside visitPortal de Valldigna
8Outside visitCalle de Caballeros
9Outside visitPalacio de la Generalidad Valenciana
10Outside visitPlaza del negrito
11Outside visitPlaza Mercado
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
Who is this tour for?
What should you know?
Others cities to visit after Valencia
Find similar guruwalks in Valencia