- Available in: English
About the guru Ismail
Salam Aleikom, I am Ismail from Marrakech. I am a licensed local tour guide in Marrakech, I am a local host in Marrakech for guests aiming at exploring my city. I worked before in the Moroccan Pavillion in Epcot Center in Disney World as a cultural representative for Morocco. I came back to Morocco in 2010 and started another adventure of guiding service. I can guide you an... More »
Salam Aleikom, I am Ismail from Marrakech. I am a licensed local tour guide in Marrakech, I am a local host in Marrakech for guests aiming at exploring my city. I worked before in the Moroccan Pavillion in Epcot Center in Disney World as a cultural representative for Morocco. I came back to Morocco in 2010 and started another adventure of guiding service. I can guide you and show you my city, history, culture, touristic sightseeings and local life. If you love discovering Marrakech, do not hesitate to contact us and let us make your own unforgettable experience.
About the tour
Join me on Marrakech By night tour to get another story of Marrakech secrets. Everything comes to life under the glittering stars of the night! Immerse yourself in a wonderful mix of colors, sounds, smells and tastes. Experience the city’s vibrant energy by night and enjoy some of the treats that Marrakech is famine for. The air is filled with the tempting smells of the local food cooked on open fires. Two hours and a half of excitement for all your senses. And you can experience it all.
On this guided tour, you’ll love watching the traditional Marrakech dancers and musicians. You can also hear wonderful stories, taste yummy snacks, and feast on a Marrakech specialty: Tanjia. It’s delicious! This is your chance to get carried away in a huge party that’s been bursting into life every night for years and years.
Get ready to be amazed by the spectacular Jemaa el- Fna Square. On one side it’s a huge open-air kitchen with hundreds of stalls cooking local dishes on open fires. Every stall wafting mouth-watering smoky flavors into the air. On the other side of the square, street performers will capture your imagination with singing, dancing, juggling, and storytelling. Your host can translate the intriguing stories which tell of kings and queens.
Round off your tour with a visit to a rooftop Cafe where you can gaze on the fabulous show going on in the Jemma el-Fna square. Enjoy a cool drink, listen to the drums and flutes, and smell those delicious local foods.
I can’t wait to share some unique insights and personal anecdotes with you. Also, ask as many questions as you want. Find out where the best places are to eat and drink. I can advise on what best suits your tastes.
Want to adjust the route a bit? No problem - I can also fully personalize your tour to your preferences.
Get ready to enjoy the amazing magic of Marrakech at night.
What we will do?
- Lively dry fruit street
- Stroll through Bab Ftouh square and learn all about merchandisers in the past and their caravan-serai (camels hostels)
- Follow the delicious smell of olive oil towards the olives market; taste a mix of your soon-to-be favorite olives
- Get along with locals in the Derb Dabachi street, one of the most lively streets in the city
- Reach the more narrow streets of the souks and see the beautiful artworks of the artisans
- Pick and choose your favourite mix of dry fruit and nuts from a local stall
- Arrive to Jemaa El Fna famous and vibrant square. Let your host guide your steps to the best Tanjia chef in the market
- Enjoy mint-tea, the traditional Tanjia and the energetic atmosphere of the people around!
- Stroll through the square and learn all about its magic and rituals.
- Observe the organized chaos from above, while enjoying your drink and tuning yourself to the rhythm of the square below. Have a great view of the Koutubia Mosque!
** To take in consideration: 2 euros for the drink to have the panoramic view of Jemae Elfena Square on a cafe terrace.
What's the price?