No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
IN FRENCH - Learning French? Join an immersive, super fun and knowledgeable free tour of Nice!
Hi there! My name is Jasmin, I've been doing free walking tours in Nice for a while, and it's something I absolutely love doing! I love to meet new people, make them feel comfortable, and show them around. So, nice to meet you, and see you soon!
Do you have a small level in French, and would you like to practice and improve your French listening and speaking skills, all while discovering Nice? Then this is the tour you're looking for!
This tour is in French for a foreign audience that is still learning the French language, and on it, I will show you and explain to you everything there is to see and to know about the main part of Nice.
The tour starts at the Fountain of the Sun (la Fontaine du Soleil) at Masséna Square (Place Masséna), then goes through the main part of the Old Town (le Vieux Nice), afterward on to the famous Promenade of Nice (la Promenade des Anglais) and it ends at Garibaldi Square (Place Garibaldi), one of the biggest squares of Nice!
More precisely, during the tour you'll be visiting and learning about :
- Masséna Square, the Paillon Promenade (la Promenade du Paillon) and the Fountain of the Sun.
- The History of Nikaia and Nice, the Nine Oblique Lines (les Neuf Lignes Obliques), the optical illusions (les Trompe-l'oeil) and Molinard, one of the oldest perfumeries in France!
- The Opera House of Nice (Opéra de Nice) and Henri Auer, the oldest pastry shop in Nice!
- Cours Saleya and the famous Flower Market of Nice (le Marché aux Fleurs).
- The Canon Fire at noon and the Palace of the Kings of Sardinia (le Palais des Rois Sardes).
- The Bank Robbery of the Century (le Casse du Siècle) was done by Albert Spaggiari!
- The Nice Cathedral (la Sainte-Réparate) and Rossetti Square (Place Rossetti).
- The architecture in Old Town, the local food and even the local language!
- The Promenade of Nice, the Négresco, and the Dock of the United States (le Quai des États-Unis).
- The Memorial for the 1st World War (le Mémorial), the Port of Nice (Port Lympia), some famous and wealthy people residing in Nice, and finally one of the biggest squares of Nice, Garibaldi Square!
So, for those can't wait to put their French to use, à bientôt !
Meeting point:6 Pl. Massena, 06300 Nice, France6 Pl. Massena, 06300 Nice, France
I will be next to the fountain with my big beard (see photos) and my small purple backpack.
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).