No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
Discover St Andrews - Free Walking Tour
Hi, I'm Richard. I am a local historian and author with 6 published books about St Andrews, and I have been conducting award-winning guided walking tours of St Andrews since 2014. During that time I have taken over 50,000 people on tours and I always give as much passion and enthusiasm for 2 people as I do for large groups. The most important people in St Andrews are those on my tours which is why every tour is unique, so I look forward to sharing with you all the highlights of what St Andrews has to offer.
Tours run daily at 2pm July only
St Andrews is a cosmopolitan hotbed of sport, learning and history. Come on one of my award-winning walking tours and discover all the significant landmarks and sites of historical and cultural importance, plus a few hidden gems along the way.
Your tour starts outside Hotel du Vin on the Scores.
As the most comprehensive tour of St Andrews, you will see and hear about:
- The iconic Old Course, including the 18th Green, 1st Tee, and R & A Clubhouse
- Martyrs Monument
- Aquarium/former Step Rock Swimming Pool
- St Salvators College (1st College of the University)
- Bishop's Palace (St Andrews Castle)
- The Great Cathedral
- Former Priory precincts and 2nd College of the University - now St Leonards School
- South Street
- Jannettas Ice Cream Store
- Medieval History Building
- St Marys College (3rd college of St Andrews University
- Holy Trinity Church, South Street
- Market Street
- Central Bar (end of your tour)
As a highlight of many coming to Scotland, I look forward to welcoming you on a tour of St Andrews.
Booking cut-off is 2 hours before each tour.
Richard accepts either cash or card at the end of your tour.
- Tours are not suitable for those with walking difficulties
- Participants must have a good command of English
- Not suitable for those under 2 years of age
Meeting point:40 The Scores, St Andrews KY16 9AS, UK40 The Scores, St Andrews KY16 9AS, UK
Tours meet outside Hotel du Vin on the Scores, near the Old Course, overlooking the sea and Aquarium. I will be outside Hotel du Vin a few minutes before the start of your tour and will make myself known to you. I'm the one in black!
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).