More photos
  • Foto tour siglo xx 20 04

Free Walking Tour Budapest: Jewish Quarter and Communism

Your guru: Soutours
Questions? Contact with Soutours

Foto tour 19 04
  • Budapest
  • Available in: Spanish

About the guru Soutours

SOUTOURS is a group of official guides accredited by the Hungarian Government. We are going deeper in what we are looking at, but from another and alternative perspective, offering a rigorous speech of the history of this wonderful city and country.

SOUTOURS is a group of official guides accredited by the Hungarian Government. We are going deeper in what we are looking at, but from another and alternative perspective, offering a rigorous speech of the history of this wonderful city and country.

About the tour

They say that one who does not learn from the mistakes of history, could be condemned to repeat it. In addition to its beauty and majesty, if Hungary and Budapest stand out, it is because of its rugged history. During this free tour we will dive through the turbulent past of Hungary during the twentieth century, focusing on both the stage of the so-called "occupation" Nazi, during World War II, as in the more than four decades of socialist regime. Of course, we will address both stories from a perspective that is sure to surprise you. Do you come with us?

WHAT WILL WE VISIT DURING OUR ROUTE?

- Wall of the Jewish Ghetto

- Rumbach Street Synagogue

- Monument to the Righteous Among the Nations

- Kazinczy Street Synagogue

- Szimpla Kertmozi (Ruin Bar)

- Tree of Life

- Great Synagogue of Budapest

- Hotel Astoria

- Sissi Bridge

POINT OF MEETING AND TIME:

Deák Ferenc tér 5, at the exit of the metro station of the same name (where the red, blue and yellow lines cross), in front of the entrance of the cream-colored church. Thursday and Saturday at 4pm.

LOOK FOR THE PURPLE UMBRELLA !!

DURATION:

2 hours and 45 minutes

CONSIDERATIONS:

- The 80% of the tour will take place in the Jewish Quarter and will deal with the events related to the deportations carried out during the Second World War. The remaining 20% ​​will focus on the stage of the socialist regime in connection with the current Budapest. The reason ... we explain it to you at the beginning of the tour!

- Both historical periods will be approached from a well-founded and justified perspective. We, as well as official guides, are social scientists, so although we understand that history can be interpreted from different prisms, we will always give you a vision based on empirical arguments. That is to say, this tour is not based on having learned a script and releasing it by heart, but our idea would be the opposite.

- A minimum number of 6 people is required to start the tour.

- Groups of more than 6 people should consult prior availability.

Meeting point
Open in Google Maps
Google on white
How to find me: Delante de la Ópera Nacional de Hungría, en Andrássy út 22. Busca el paraguas de color morado!!
Tour duration: 2 hours, 45 minutes

Tour schedule

Es

What's the price?

A guruwalk is a pay-what-you want walking tour, which means, it's completely free to book and join the group, but the 'guru' expects to be rewarded once the tour ends. Some people give 5, some people give 50, you choose the price.

Reservations in advance are mandatory because if the 'guru' doesn't see any bookings one day, she will not show up at the meeting point. Or if she has too many 'walkers' that day, won't allow you to join without the reservation. Booking is completely free, fast and easy. Book your guruwalk now!

Ratings (43)

9ca7e085a116f0a1507f02c965a2152c

Mª Carmen

2 days ago

El tour ha estado genial, Adrián se nota que lo tenia todo muy bien estudiado, tenia muchos conocimientos de historia y te resolvia cualquier duda con todo el gusto. Es un tour muy interesante, sin duda lo recomiendo mucho.

D10d032c7c282e358109d6bb32445ece

Estela elia

4 days ago

El recorrido y los lugares visitados

C5a4b0259be88f3d3b78ce8143519ed3

Jose Manuel Quiles

5 days ago

El tour fue muy divulgativo sobre el barrio judío y la situación vivida durante el siglo XX. Recomendable.

133fef978524e3f00ada65aa96b15b2d

Antonio Miguel

6 days ago

7e1287a48b2a9fb1b6b37cbb9dd17517

Itxaso López

7 days ago

El tour estuvo muy bien compensado. Incluye paradas adicionales y monumentos que no se ven con otros tours centrados en el barrio judí el dominio de la materia del guía que supo trasladar conocimientos de manera muy amena y didáctica.

Ce878972243f955a807bbb37be10c539

Elena Guadaño

8 days ago

(43 Ratings) Rate this tour