No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Early: Urban Expressions in a Tropical Cosmopolitan City
Hello! I am Inés, I come from Chiriquí and I am a resident of Bella Vista. I have become a Panama City guru looking for the history of the neighborhoods, the names of avenues and buildings tell a lot about the future we are creating so Explore Panama with me. Limited quotas. Tour is confirmed upon reservation.
In this tour we want to share the history, current events and future of some avenues in Panama City , specifically in an area between the neighborhoods of San Felipe, Santa Ana, Ancón and Calidonia .
We have been doing the tour since 2019 and have been adapting the route to today visit at least nine sites early in the morning in a period of three to four hours:
- V Centenario Park . It is the meeting point and start of the tour. Here you can see a panoramic view of the city.
- Chinatown . They will learn the history of one of the migrant communities that settled in Panama.
- Salsipoders and Avenida B. In this area we will observe murals painted by local artists and the opening routine of the commercial area that happens at that time.
- San Felipe Neri Municipal Market. They will visit the inns and sales areas for crafts, legumes, vegetables, fruits, natural drinks and more. There are bathrooms available at this site for a cost of 25¢
- Central Avenue . We will take a look at the movement of the city's largest pedestrian avenue, a historic commercial area of the 20th century.
- National Institute of Panama. You will learn about the legacy of the Panamanian student generations and an iconic building from the beginning of the 20th century.
- Avenue of the Martyrs . Cross to the Ancón area and observe painted murals and sculptures by local artists commemorating historical events.
- Gorgas de Ancón Complex . You will learn about the administrative area of the Canal Zone and part of the history of its construction and transfer to Panama.
- Canal Administration Building to observe murals from 1914. Bathrooms usually available.
At this last point we end the tour, unless you want to go to the top of Cerro Ancón or return on foot to Casco Antiguo or to the 5 de Mayo Metro station . In that case it would accompany you to show other areas on the way to a certain point.
It is suggested to bring umbrellas and other protection from the sun or sudden rain, stay hydrated, cash to buy drinks, fruits or other snacks and use of bathrooms, a cell phone or camera for photos and a simple backpack to carry your belongings.
It is a tour that starts early to be able to tour an area of the city that is best appreciated at that time due to the temperature.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:XF47+2F4, Panama City, PanamaXF47+2F4, Panama City, Panama
Pin by Explore Panama
1Outside visitV Centennial Square
2Outside visitChinatown of Panama
3Outside visitGet out if you can
4Free admissionMercado San Felipe Neri
5Outside visitPedestrian Central Avenue
6Outside visitNational Institute
7Outside visitAvenue of the Martyrs
8Outside visitSupreme Court of Justice
9Free admissionEdificio de la Administración del Canal de Panamá
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).