- Available in: English
About the guru Diana
Hello everyone, 'salut'! My name is Diana and I am a licensed tour guide, living in Brasov for over 20 years. I have a BA English and French degree, over 10 years experience in teaching and translating. I have been working as a full-time tour guide since 2017. I have in depth knowledge of the local history and culture and I am eager to share with you everything you... More »
Hello everyone, 'salut'! My name is Diana and I am a licensed tour guide, living in Brasov for over 20 years. I have a BA English and French degree, over 10 years experience in teaching and translating. I have been working as a full-time tour guide since 2017. I have in depth knowledge of the local history and culture and I am eager to share with you everything you need to know. With me you will explore the city like a local, getting off the tourist-beaten tracks but without missing the main attractions, thus saving precious time and energy. I will show you the most interesting corners of the old town of Brasov, the best places to hang out as well as the finest pubs and restaurants. You will also have the opportunity to see some hidden gems that you will not find in any travel book.. Would you like to explore Brasov but you cannot join my tour or you want to do/see something particular? Please feel free to tell me, you will have all the support you need. In case you want to visit the region, I can also arrange some tours for you but you need to notify me in advance. I am looking forward to meeting you, Diana, Your guru and friend in Brasov :)
About the tour
The only free walking tour of Brasov at night! Experience Brasov’s mysterious atmosphere and find out its dark secrets during an interactive and fun tour, tailored to your needs and interests.
The saying: "All cats are grey in the dark” certainly does not apply here as Brasov is fantastic at night. In case you have already visited the old city, you will be surprised to see that after dark Brasov is even more fascinating.
You will see the main landmarks of Brasov, hear the legends of the city, discover interesting things about Brasov and Romania, find out about the best restaurants and pubs, local attractions and much more.
I have been living in Brasov for over 20 years so with me with me you are safe. We shall explore together the city like a local, getting off the tourist-beaten tracks but without missing the main attractions. The most exciting part of the tour is a walk on the alley at the foot of Tâmpa Mountain, for you to enjoy a great view of the city at night.
The two-hour free walking tour of the old city of Brasov includes the top key points: the Council Square, the Black Church, the Rope Street, Catherine Gate, Schei Gate, the Weavers bastion, a scenic walk along the alley at the foot of Tâmpa Mountain, a great view of the most picturesque Romanian city and much more.
IMPORTANT: It is a BOOKING-BASED tour.
- For logistical reasons, please book the tour at least a day before the tour starts. My groups are small and intimitate so the sooner you save your place, the better...
- If you are a large group, please warn me and the tour will run only for you (no additional cost). I have had very nice experiences with large families, including kids or large groups of students.
- Please be kind to warn me if you cannot show up, you might be the only one who has booked the tour..
The tour starts at the fountain in the Council Square, the heart of the charming medieval Brasov where history harmoniously blends with modern style.
The two-hour free walking tour of the old city of Brasov includes the top emblematic places:
- The Council Square - the most popular place in Brasov with lots of nice cafes, restaurants and pubs
- The Council House (outside) - the old townhall of Brasov
- The Black Church - the largest gothic church in South - Eastern Europe
- The Rope Street - the third narrowest street in Europe
- Catherine Gate - the oldest medieval gate in Brasov, unique in Romania
- Schei Gate - a 9-century old triumphal arch
- the White and Black Tower (in the distance)
- The Weavers bastion (outside)- the best preserved part of Brasov's fortifications
- The alley at the foot of Mountain Tampa for a scenic walk
Do you know that Brasov was founded more than 800 years ago?
What dark secrets does medieval Brasov hide?
What about Count Dracula's legend and his connection with Brasov?
What was life like in Brasov and Romania during communism?
What is life like in Brasov nowadays?
Here are just some of the questions we are going to answer together during the tour.
On the way back to the Council Square we shall talk about the Romanian traditional dishes and you will get some Romanian candies, a brand born under communism...
So, are you ready to indulge in the mysterious atmosphere of medieval Brasov?
I will be right here, waiting for you!
Diana, your guru and friend in Brasov,
What's the price?