Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Hitler's Berlin: The Free Tour
Espresso Tours are the perfect way to maximize your time in Berlin. With over ten years experience in the guiding industry, we understand that many people don’t have the time, energy, or the attention span for a four hour walking tour. With this in mind, we set out to streamline the walking tour experience. By taking the standard walking tours in Berlin and condensing them to include only the most significant sites and information, our Espresso tours give you the story of Berlin without the fluff. Think of it as history without the boring bits. With small groups, no sales pitches and seasoned guides we offer in depth tours which cut to the chase. Come take a walk with us and discover the most fascinating city in the world.
Join an experienced professional guide, specialized in Berlin's Third Reich history, for an informative walk through the city which was once the epicenter of Nazi terror. Learn how the darkest chapter of Berlin's story is forever etched into the cityscape.
Please Note: a valid Public transport ticket (AB) is required for the tour.
( For tips and advice check out our guide to Berlin's public transport here: https://espressotours.com/how-to-bahn/ )
Throughout the tour you'll;
- Contemplate Hitler's rise to power at the site of the infamous Reichstag Fire of 1933
- see the scars left from air raids and street fighting during the Battle of Berlin
- unravel the conspiracy surrounding Hitler‘s death at the site of his secret underground bunker
- confront the horror of the Holocaust while exploring Berlin's historic Jewish quarter
- learn how Germany's once largest synagogue barely survived the destruction of „Kristallnacht“
- hear the incredibly brave story of "Berlin's Oskar Schindler"
- discover the incredible truth of life, death and survival in Hitler’s Berlin
During this experience, you'll come to understand what it meant to live in the Nazi capital, and the challenge the city now faces of confronting and acknowledging its past.
- The Reichstag
- Brandenburg Gate
- Holocaust Memorial
- The site of Hitler’s bunker
- Historic Jewish quarter
- New Synagogue
- The „Missing House“ memorial
- A Former Gestapo "deportation centre"
- Old Jewish Cemetery (holocaust victims memorial)
- Otto Weidt's Brush Factory
We end the tour in the north of Mitte, a trendy and vibrant area with plenty of opportunities for eating, drinking and exploring further.
Please don't forget to bring your proof of vaccination or recovery from Covid 19 as per German regulations (02-12-2021).
Meeting point:Scheidemannstraße, 10557 Berlin, GermanyScheidemannstraße, 10557 Berlin, Germany
Your tour will begin in front of the Reichstag building on Scheidemann strasse, beside the large German flag. Your guide will be carrying a blue umbrella.
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
Who is this tour for?
What should you know?
Others cities to visit after Berlin
Find similar guruwalks in Berlin