Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Walks & Talks with the storyteller
Welcome to Split. I would enjoy showing you around my hometown and telling you some interesting tales. Show you where to find the greatest coffee shops in the area, restaurants that provide mouthwatering local fare, and the most gorgeous locations for capturing priceless images. Have a great day, every day.
I will share local legends & myths, show you the "lifestyle" of Split, tell you more about our "Pomalo" way of life.
The highlights of the Split old town and the Diocletian's Palace are on our route
The tour is a combination of history and modern life today. It's about the people & their way of life within the walls of an ancient Roman Palace.
Where and What?
- The meeting point of our tour is in the old town Split. Outside of the Diocletian's Palace, at the waterfront Riva. The place where locals like to "take it easy and chill".
- From the Riva, we will slowly walk to the Substructures of the Palace where you will see incredible architectural work and the world beneath the city.
- Leaving Substructures of the Palace and walking to the emperors Diocletian dining area, we will pass the beautiful Vestibule.
- We enter the only square within the Palace walls, the Peristyle square, extraordinary medieval, ancient buildings & monuments.
- Walking up Diocletian's street, we will pass through the Golden Gates and stop in front of the mighty statue of Grgur Ninski (Gregory of Nin) where you can make a wish & we will end our tour.
The tour lasts approx 1 hour (or a bit more if you prefer) and gives you an insight into Split through history and modern city today.
Have a beautiful day, every day & join my tour
Meeting point:GC4Q+WR Split, CroatiaGC4Q+WR Split, CroatiaDirections
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).