No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Hi, I'm Félix, graduated in Art History from the University of Zaragoza. I've walked the city since my childhood, so I know every nook and cranny. Some time ago I began to make tours of its historic center, in which I combine my knowledge of the city with the artistic knowledge resulting from my studies, which makes them enjoyable and interesting.
🟢 If you are interested in getting to know the city through the point of view of a Zaragozan, this is your tour. Not only will I show you the most emblematic monuments with all their stories and anecdotes, but I will also introduce you to the main leisure areas and the best options for tapas, eating or having a few drinks. Zaragoza is a historic city full of monuments, but it is also a city full of life.
♦️The tour will start in front of the Central Market, next to the statue of César Augusto , our founder. Right there we can see the remains of the Roman walls and learn a little about what ancient Caesaraugusta was like. From there we will visit:
1 . Central Market . Magnificent building that hides a dark history.
2. Torreón de la Zuda and San Juan de los Panetes (our particular tower of Pisa).
3. The magnificent fountain of Hispanidad that gives access to the Plaza del Pilar.
4. Cathedral-Basilica of the Virgen del Pilar , which we will access. We will know all its secrets from Goya's paintings to the Civil War bombs that are preserved in it.
5. Monument to Goya and La Lonja . Tribute to our most universal painter and admire the only completely Renaissance building.
6 . La Seo del Salvador and Arco del Deán. History of the first cathedral in the city and its historical rivalry with El Pilar. We will get to know the beautiful Mudejar art that is developed there and that has been a World Heritage Site since 2001.
7. Views of the Magdalena tower , one of the most beautiful Mudejar towers in Aragon.
8. Roman theater of Cesaraugusta.
9. The tube . Area par excellence for vermouth and tapas.
10 . Alfonso Street . Get to know the stately street of Zaragoza.
11 . San Felipe Square . In it there are three essential buildings, two that are and one that is no longer. We will learn about the history of the Torre Nueva and admire the façade of the church of San Felipe . We will also see the sculpture of the Aragonese genius Pablo Gargallo , in whose square his museum is located.
12. Temple Street . Main area of pubs and cocktail bars in the city
13. Justice Square . We will learn about the history of Juan de Lanuza and marvel at the exceptional façade of the church of Santa Isabel de Portugal.
I am young, I have a ponytail and I carry a blue backpack.
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).