No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Accepts electronic paymentThis tour allows payment by electronic means or credit card
Urban art and its stories in the city of Guarda - free walking tour
The trademark "Histórias Com Passados", registered in Turismo de Portugal and recognized as Nature Tourism by the Institute of Nature Conservation and Forests, arose from my passion to wander, to meet new people and places and led me to obtain certification as a guide of hiking trails. I believe that "we never really know a place if we do not walk through it", so come from there, because I would like to share and make known the city that welcomed me more than 20 years ago: Guarda, the highest city in Portugal, with more than 800 years of history.
Accept our challenge ... let's walk through new and older streets of the City of Guarda that already has 823 years of Stories and unravel a secret: Is the best chocolate cake really in our City? Then we will look for the artistic manifestations developed in the public space and discover works of Street Art, some are more elaborate and programmed, others, simpler and spontaneous. On our trip we will unveil the techniques used by great and small artists, ... some renowned and others anonymous. This is a different look at the city and the Urban Art that animates and illuminates its streets. Come on... let's meet her!
List of places to visit:
- Salão de Chá - O Bule - Place of beginning and end of the walk
- School of Santa Clara (only exterior)
- Old Cemetery (only exterior)
- Solar do Vinho da Beira Interior (old wall)
- Solar Teles de Vasconcelos (only exterior)
- Rua 31 de Janeiro
- Rua de Augusto Gil
- Praça Luís Vaz de Camões
Additional useful information
- Please, when making the reservation, indicate the total number of people who will come (Numerous group bookings are not accepted - more than 15 visitors).
- If possible, please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the tour time, to start at the indicated time.
- The route is circular, beginning and ending next to the Tea Room "O Bule"; presents an easy/ moderate level of difficulty and has a total of 2.86 km, with an accumulated uneven of 124 m.
- No specific equipment is required to carry out this tour (e.g. walking sticks).
What is included/ excluded in the activity:
- Histórias Com Passadas guide during the walking route.
- RNAAT License No. 506/2022 of Turismo de Portugal.
- Not included:
- Meals or drinks during the walk, all consumption in any establishments eventually visited during the activity.
- Transport to the starting point of the walk.
- Anything that is not declared as included.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:Largo Dr. João Soares 29, 6300-675 Gu...Largo Dr. João Soares 29, 6300-675 Guarda, Portugal
I'll be in front of the Tea Room "O Pote" with an orange umbrella and the "Histórias Com Passadas" logo. https://maps.app.goo.gl/Tyzm4zbZBvdCKGbQ7
1Free admissionO Bule Salão De Chá
Here you can taste the best chocolate cake in the world. It is also the place chosen to start and end our adventure in the City of Guarda
2Outside visitCemitério Velho Municipal da Guarda
The oldest cemetery in the city of Guarda, where some of the figures who contributed to the recognition of the city rest, such as the poet Augusto Gil or the pulmonologist Lopo de Carvalho for example.
3Outside visitEscola Básica 2º e 3º ciclo de Santa Clara
Building of the XIX century, built on the site of an old convent of nuns. On its outer wall are some works of Street Art.
4Outside visitSolar do Vinho da Beira Interior
Modern building, located next to the ancestral wall of the Guarda Castle, where the Regional Wine Commission of Beira Interior is installed. This organization represents wine producers and their superior quality wines with the "Beira Interior Designation of Origin". The most representative wines can be purchased in the online store through the link: https://www.shop.vinhosdabeirainterior.pt/
5Outside visitSolar Teles Vasconcelos
This noble building was built by the Teles de Vasconcelos family in the eighteenth century. The manor was acquired by the City Council, which came to install, in 1986, the Municipal Library. Later it was the Old Commercial and Industrial School of the Guarda and is currently the district headquarters of the Authority for Working Conditions.
6Outside visitRua 31 de Janeiro
Rua 31 de Janeiro , which takes us to Praça Luis Vaz de Camões and where we can appreciate some Street Art morals.
7Outside visitRua de Augusto Gil
Street located in the old historic area of the city where we will be surprised with some unexpected and unlikely works of Street Art.
8Outside visitPraça Luís de Camões
Old square of the historic area of Guarda next to the Cathedral, surrounded by noble houses. Some of the oldest houses were built in the fourteenth century
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).