I am a local guide with more than 20 years of experience doing tours of the city of Lisbon and Sintra. Do you need an introduction about me? Well ... my name is Joaquim Lopes, but you can call me J-LO ;-) I have a degree in History and I lived in Lisbon all my life. So I'd love to give you some valuable information on places to see, what you can't miss, and what you should d...
I am a local guide with more than 20 years of experience doing tours of the city of Lisbon and Sintra. Do you need an introduction about me? Well ... my name is Joaquim Lopes, but you can call me J-LO ;-) I have a degree in History and I lived in Lisbon all my life. So I'd love to give you some valuable information on places to see, what you can't miss, and what you should do. I will tell you the story acquired by living 50 years in this city, and I will show you what more than 20 years of comments from tourists from all over the world told me what is really important to make your stay as incredible as possible. . Flavored history. How can you not do it?
A TOUR FULL OF HISTORICAL AND FUN FACTS ABOUT THE CITY, MADE BY LOCALS WITH A DEGREE IN HISTORY
Experience, learn and taste, the best that Lisbon has to offer.
Discover Lisbon's beautiful belvedere's, the city's secret snacks and try the delicious Ginginha schnapps with\or the cod pastries, Maybe our delicious Bifana will conquer your stomach?
Get insights and valuable tips from a local that you would never get if you decided to do it yourself, Restaurants, Bars, Night-life.
This is much more than just a tour, it's a delicious, rich, and amazing introduction to the city of Lisbon.
During this tour you will see and learn:
- See the Liberty Avenue (the Champs Élysée of Lisbon)
- Learn about The Napoleon invasion of Portugal
- See The Restauradores Square
- Learn about The story of The Invincible Armada that tried to invade England
- Learn about The Portuguese Theory about Colombo
- See The S. Pedro de Alcántara Belvedere
- Learn about the history of the Portuguese Tiles
- Learn why we eat so many Codfish in Portugal
- See The "Harry Potter Hogwarts" restaurant
- See The ruins of Carmo Convent
- Learn about The story of our Carnation's Revolution
- See The oldest Library in the world still in operation today
- See The metallic elevator of Santa Justa, which originally was powered by water
- See Rossio Central Square
- Learn about the Portuguese Side Walks
- Learn about the Portuguese Port Wine
- Learn the story of James Bond weeding ring, in the film « At her Majesty Secret Service»
- See the August Street
- Learn about the Portuguese Earth Quake in 1755
- Learn the story of our delicious Pastry of Belém
- See The Commerce Square, and get our final tips.
Hugs, Kisses and Tears, but all with a safe distance!
( End of the tour)
All of this ... with plenty of stops for photos, stories, fun facts, and delicious secrets to taste, as you discover and understand this beautiful city of Lisbon,
Meeting point: Open in Google Maps
How to find me: In front of the Hard Rock Café. Look for the guide with a walking tour flag on his backpack
Frequently asked questions
What's the price?
Our guide was Carlos. He was a great guide for the walking tour. 3 hours went by quickly - covered the entire list of topics. Carlos was a great communicator about all things Lisbon.
Guided tours near Lisbon
What's the price?