Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Hi! My name is Cristian and I am from Cuenca, Spain. 3 years ago I started working as a guide in my land and some time later, together with a friend, I was the co-founder of a tourism company. I obtained the title of official tourist guide almost 2 years ago and, since then, my purpose is to disseminate the history, the legends, and the coolest and most interesting things of Cuenca to anyone who wants to know it. Today, I am The Juggler of History, so I tell the history of Cuenca in a rigorous, entertaining, and professional way. I'm delighted to be your guide in Cuenca and that together we not only get to know it but together we discover it: its history, its culture, its heritage, it's past and it's present. Let yourself be guided by the minstrel of history. We sure had a great time!
The best way to discover Cuenca in broad daylight! :-)
We will start the route in the City Hall building, in the arches or arcades of the same (Plaza Mayor, 1), right next to the tourist information office, from there we will go to the old Jewish quarter of the city , observing remains of Jewish houses and the old neighborhood wall, next to the Mangana Tower , Cuenca's clock.
We will continue our way to the main street of the old town of Cuenca to learn more in detail about some of the palaces of noble families that are wonderfully preserved, showing us their splendor.
We will continue climbing to reach the skyscrapers of Cuenca and the viewpoints of the famous Hanging Houses, where, in addition to learning more about them, we will also learn about the past of the San Pablo Bridge and today's Parador Nacional de Turismo. At this point we can also enjoy the beautiful views of the Huécar river gorge.
We will continue our trip to the Plaza Mayor and we will end by visiting the facade of the first Gothic cathedral in Spain to begin construction.
- At the end of the exterior tour, you can go to the Cathedral to take a guided tour of the temple. It is completely optional. The client will pay the basic entrance of the enclosure and at the end of the tour the people will pay what they think corresponds to the exterior and interior tour, or they can pay first the exterior and then the interior.
- In the Plaza Mayor, number 2, next to the Mangana restaurant, travelers who wish to can enjoy Cuenca "from a bird's eye view". For only €5 per person, you can put on virtual reality glasses and enjoy, through videos, Cuenca in a unique way, seeing the entire city flying above it. It is a wonderful experience.
Additional information for the traveler:
- Please confirm attendance . Many times reservations are made but then the tour is not attended, causing, for example, that there are no places available for people who are really interested and making the work of management, logistics and planning more difficult for the guide. That is why please confirm if you are coming to the tour. If there is a reservation of only two people who have not confirmed and do not answer, the guide will cancel the tour.
- In low season, the minimum for the tour is 6 people.
- The tour can be done with a pushchair, but it is much better and more comfortable to carry a backpack with the little ones, since in some sections there will be stairs.
- If reservations are made less than 5 hours in advance, the guide reserves the right to make the itinerary depending on whether he can make the visit or not.
- It is a perfectly complementary tour with the "Night Spell" tour, since 80% of it changes.
We will be in the arches of the City Hall building in red uniform.
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
Ha sido una experiencia muy buena, recorrer Cuenca como no había hecho con anterioridad, el guía, Carlos, es un gran profesional tanto en conocimientos como en la form...
Muy ameno, sin proporcionar excesivas fechas ni nombres que nos hicieran perder el hilo de lo que contaba. Algunos de sus comentarios nos acompañaron el resto del fin ...
Una experiencia muy enriquecedora
Carlos ha sido un gran guía, nos ha encantado de principio a fin. Muy ameno en las explicaciones y divertido. Un acierto
Muy buen Guia. Entretenido y profesional