Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Banganga Walkeshwar Walking Tour
Hello all travelers! I am Dinesh, a guide in Mumbai since 2013. I love to show travelers my city and help make staying here an unforgettable experience for the traveller. I wait for you!
The Oldest Continually Inhabited Place in Mumbai
- Total 18 Temple surrounded: Take a walk to all temples and Guide will give you their deep stories.
- Memorial Stones: These pallies are memorial stones of dead warriors that are worshiped by Gujaratis.
- Banganga Tank and Walkeshwar Temple: The steps of Banganga Tank serve many purposes: a play area for children, a social hub for residents, a space to dry washing, and a place to perform puja (worship).
- Deepstambhas: (pillars of light) mark the entrance to Banganga Tank, as well as significant temples in the area. Astonishingly, a saint is said to be buried under each one!
- Street Around Banganga Tank: It is flanked by a narrow street lined with temples, homes, and dharamsalas (religious rest houses).
- Encroaching Migrant Communities: The area is home to slum-dwellers who have occupied it for the past few decades.
- Dhobi Ghat: Second largest laundry in Mumbai where you will see Open air laundry which was built by the British.
Meeting point:Shop No 91 Banganga Road, Walkeshwar,...Shop No 91 Banganga Road, Walkeshwar, Malabar Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400006, India
I will meet you at our meeting point.
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
This guru has 7 reviews in other tours.