No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
Hanoi Old Quarter walking tour: From PAST to PRESENT (Small group)
XIN CHÀO! I’m Phuong I was born in a small, peaceful village of Vietnam. When I was 18 years old, I moved to Hanoi to study. Now I’m living in Hanoi and have worked as a tour guide for 5 years. I love to spend time discovering architechture, culture, history and "good food" in the best restaurants in Hanoi, and I have to say, "WOW, how wonderful Hanoi is". I always want to share my passion about Hanoi with people from all around the world. Not only the “regular tour”, we’ll chat like truthly friend to make sure you will have a authentic and local experience. Besides, I'll also be happy to listen to your story about your journey. It will be a genuine connection; there is no border between us! THAT’S FOR NOW. SEE YOU AT THE WALKING EXPERIENCE! It's me or my Guru will be your tour guide in my experience. We're the same, love showing our amazing Hanoi. Monthly, I spend a part of my salary on a volunteer organization that built schools in a mountainous area in Vietnam. Cause I always believe in Nelson Mandela's speech: "Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world".
It’s me or my Guru will be your tour guide. Small group with maximum is 6 people. Now is summer time in Hanoi, it's super hot an humid, especially in the afternoon. SO we only organise the tour in morning and recommend you do it in the morning.
- Please provide your WhatsApp number (if you have) for contacting before starting. If we can't contact before the tour, it will be can.cel.
- This is a joined group tour so we will leave ON TIME.
Hanoi has been the capital of Vietnam for more than 1000 years and the Old Quarter is known as the heart of Hanoi, where we have many old houses, temple, architecture and charming 36 Old Streets. Does something change overtime? Let's join with me to see which's culture we can keep and how does it change now.
We will visit some highlight destinations, architecture in Hanoi Old Quarter:
1. At first, we’ll meet at No.29 Dinh Tien Hoang street, then try famous egg coffee in Hanoi and walk a few steps to look around Hoan Kiem lake where we have beautiful red bridge and Ngoc Son temple in the middle of the lake (We'll not visit inside Ngoc Son temple, cause will visit another one).
2. Then, we’ll visit Ancient House (you only have to pay the entrance fee in here), a fascinating destination to see how people work and live before, how change in our lifestyle.
3. Make our way through Ta Hien street - beer street in Hanoi with French architecture.
4. The next stop is a temple/ pagoda to know more about religion in Vietnam.
5. Get an insider looking at Long Bien bridge, a historic cantilever bridge across the Red River that connects two districts in Hanoi. It was built under French colonialism.
6. See how people go to market and buy in one of the oldest, biggest Hanoi market - Dong Xuan market. Dong Xuan market as known as a “paradise” for shopping, from souvenirs, clothes, household goods to foodstuffs. We'll end the tour here.
What will we visit on this tour?
Meeting point:29 P. Đinh Tiên Hoàng, Hàng Trống, Ho...29 P. Đinh Tiên Hoàng, Hàng Trống, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
NOTE: It's outside Vietinbank office, NOT at the lake bank
1Outside visitĐinh Café
2Outside visitNgọc Sơn Temple
3Outside visitHeritage House
4Outside visitTa Hien Beer street
5Outside visitLong Bien Bridge
6Outside visitDong Xuan market
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
Who is this tour for?
What should you know?
Others tours from this guru
Others cities to visit after Hanoi
Find similar guruwalks in Hanoi