Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
*The Original* Free Walking Tour León-Nicaragua
We are a friendly team, focused on our history, culture, and many other fantastic features that make our city unique and beautiful. Free Walking Tour León (The Original) has been running for more than 3 years, and the street art tour (a shorter tour focused on the murals). we have walked with many people around our crazy city. We are happy and proud to offer this trek as it is the only complete tour in León and in all of Nicaragua! and of course! for walkers like you!! Come join us and experience the city while learning about the history through interesting murals, colonial churches, volcanoes, traditional food and why not? many suggestions that will make you feel more comfortable during your stay and ready to discover león on your own. # FreeWalkingTourLeón
* The Original * Free Walking Tour is the Welcome tour to all of the travelers of the World coming to Nicaragua. In León, the oldest city in the country while walking around its Historical Center!! we´ll bump into with: History, Culture, Gastronomy, friendly People, beautiful Churches, Monuments and several Murals. they are the vivid memories of a City that still remains its colonial heritage, land of crazy poets and artists. Santiago de los Caballeros de León, it was called in 1524 by Spanish settlers. And it was designated as the first capital of Nicaragua by Captain Francisco Hernández de Córdoba. León has been the brain of the Nation and the center of the most important historical facts. thus, discovering and knowing about León is knowing about Nicaragua!
* The first Capital of Nicaragua.
* Headquarters of the first University and 2 in Central America (UNAN).
* Cradle of the largest Nicaraguan Rubén Darío, prince of the letras Castellanas.
* Capital of the Sandinista Popular Revolution until the fall of the Somoza dictatorship.
* FSLN Foundation, Sandinista National Liberation Front.
* Heritage site that has 2 of the 4 cultural resources declared by UNESCO.
Many events of national and regional importance talk the history about the Colonial City of León. It's a excellent place to live experiences in; Volcanoes, Beaches, Islands, Traditions, Gastronomy, Nights of Music and Latin Dances, Learn Spanish, Rural Communities, Natural Reserves and a lot of experiences waiting for you.
Meeting point:Av. Central Nte., León, NicaraguaAv. Central Nte., León, Nicaragua
Avenida Central Norte, Across the street from the Tourist Information Office
How much does this tour cost?
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).