No minimum number of attendeesNo minimum number of attendees is required for the tour
Free booking and cancellationFree payment tour, no set price, booking and cancellation are free
We are a friendly team, focused on our history, culture and many other fantastic features that make our city unique and beautiful. Free Walking Tour León (The Original) has been running for more than 3 years, we have walked with many people around our crazy city. We are happy and proud to offer this trek as it is the only complete trek in León and all of Nicaragua! and of course! for walkers like you!! Come join us and experience the city while learning about history through interesting murals, colonial churches, volcanoes, traditional food and why not? many suggestions that will make you feel more comfortable during your stay and ready to discover lion on your own. # FreeWalkingTourLeón
* The Original * Free Walking Tour is the Welcome tour to all of the travelers of the World coming to Nicaragua. In León, the oldest city in the country while walking around its Historical Center!! we´ll bump into with: History, Culture, Gastronomy, friendly People, beautiful Churches, Monuments and several Murals. they are the vivid memories of a City that still remains its colonial heritage, land of crazy poets and artists. Santiago de los Caballeros de León, it was called in 1524 by Spanish settlers. And it was designated as the first capital of Nicaragua by Captain Francisco Hernández de Córdoba. León has been the brain of the Nation and the center of the most important historical facts. thus, discovering and knowing about León is knowing about Nicaragua!
* The first Capital of Nicaragua.
* Headquarters of the first University and 2 in Central America (UNAN).
* Cradle of the largest Nicaraguan Rubén Darío, prince of the letras Castellanas.
* Capital of the Sandinista Popular Revolution until the fall of the Somoza dictatorship.
* FSLN Foundation, Sandinista National Liberation Front.
* Heritage site that has 2 of the 4 cultural resources declared by UNESCO.
Many events of national and regional importance talk the history about the Colonial City of León. It's a excellent place to live experiences in; Volcanoes, Beaches, Islands, Traditions, Gastronomy, Nights of Music and Latin Dances, Learn Spanish, Rural Communities, Natural Reserves and a lot of experiences waiting for you.
Avenida Central Norte, Across the street from the Tourist Information Office
Free tours do not have a set price, instead, each person gives the guru at the end of the tour the amount that he or she considers appropriate (these usually range from €10 to $50 depending on satisfaction with the tour).
It was awesome! We highly recommend Leo :)
I hadn’t done a walking tour before so I didn’t know what to expect and was so glad I went! Leo was very knowledgeable, friendly with excellent communication skills. I...
This tour was really something different from the typical walking tours that we've done so far! Antonio was really great and explained us a lot about the history of Ni...
Excellent tour with Leo, very informative! Took us to the market where we could try local foods and gave us lots of info about the history of the city. Would highly re...
Tour with Antonio was great, highly recommended, perfect mixture of history, trying local food and seeing the city centre